This following table lists a comparative pricing schedule with Telkom. Note that ULS has no concept of minimum call charges, and also bills purely per-second, except for premium (086) numbers, where we have to match Telkom one to one.
|Comparative Call Cost table|
|Type||ULS rate||Telkom rate||Telkom Min Charge|
|ex VAT||incl VAT||ex VAT||incl VAT||ex VAT||incl VAT|
|Local||n/a||n/a||R 0.36||R 0.41||R 0.57||R 0.65|
|National||R 0.42||R 0.48||R 0.57||R 0.65||R 0.57||R 0.65|
|Vodacom||R 0.88||R 1.00||R 1.29||R 1.47||R 1.29||R 1.47|
|MTN||R 0.88||R 1.00||R 1.29||R 1.47||R 1.29||R 1.47|
|Cell-C||R 1.01||R 1.15||R 1.29||R 1.47||R 1.29||R 1.47|
|8-ta (Telkom Mobile)||R 1.07||R 1.22||R 1.29||R 1.47||R 1.29||R 1.47|
- Telkom charges cellular calls at 30 second increments, so if your call is 61 seconds in duration, you pay for 90.
- The concept of "local" calls doesn't apply to VoIP, instead we refer to on-net and off-net like the cellular providers.
- Note that the 086 range of numbers is priced exactly the same as Telkom.
- There are a range of number collectively known as the VANs range. This is priced specifically on a per-allocated range basis.
- We also offer a slightly higher quality, more robust option on cellular, unfortunately it is also priced higher at R 1.25 excluding VAT (still per second billing though).
- Our statistics shows that the average call duration is slightly over 70 seconds.